Attuned builds the capacity of PK-12 organizations to drive educational equity and excellence for underserved students. Our team of practitioners partners with school systems to prioritize, tailor, and implement a diverse set of proven practices. We blend rigor and empathy, planning and implementation, district and charter expertise, and aspirations of quality and scale.
The Chief Learning and Knowledge Officer leads Attuned’s research and codification of exemplar PK-12 practices, ensures Attuned team members develop expertise in those exemplar practices, and oversees Attuned’s training service for PK-12 schools and school systems. The Chief Learning and Knowledge Officer collaborates with Attuned’s Chief Academic Officer, Chief Schools Officers, Deputy Chief of Adult Learning, and external faculty members to design and deliver the adult learning needed to support high-performing schools. The position reports to Evan Rudall, Partner. Attuned is a virtual organization with some travel expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee research and knowledge management.
- Use data to identify exemplar practices in PK-12 schools and school systems across the country.
- Manage a team to codify what exemplar practices exist in PK-12 schools and school systems, the why behind the design of those practices, and how – in detail – the practices are implemented. The practices should range in ideological and pedagogical approach.
- Build internal systems and structures to house exemplar practice guides and other internal knowledge resources so that they are easily accessible for team members.
- Continually update Attuned’s research agenda for exemplar practices.
- Oversee internal systems and trainings to ensure that Attuned team members are sufficiently grounded in the what, why, and how of exemplar practices.
- Oversee external trainings to ensure that partner organizations re sufficiently grounded in the what, why, and how of exemplar practices.
- Design a strategy for Attuned’s external training service line, including defining participant groups (e.g., school system leaders, Chief Academic Officers, school leaders, future school leaders, teachers), developing a comprehensive scope and sequence to build the capacity of each participant group, and creating a sustainable business model.
- Attract participants to Attuned’s trainings by creating marketing materials and learning opportunities (e.g., information sessions) to recruit participants and by leveraging existing Attuned relationships with education champions, current and prior org partners, and other educators.
- Oversee the quality of external trainings.
- Foster continuous improvement of external trainings by analyzing feedback and impact data and refining plans as needed.
- Support the growth and development of Attuned.
- Manage direct reports and contractors to deliver excellent work.
- Share evolving trends and best practices with the team.
- Leverage networks.
- Serve as a thought partner to colleagues, help solve a variety of day-to-day issues, and generate creative solutions for internal and external improvements.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of dramatically improving PK-12 education for underserved children
- Demonstrated track record of leading with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism
- Proven track record realizing equitable and excellent outcomes for students
- Experience teaching and leading in K-12 schools, including experience as a leader of a high-performing school and/or school system
- Deep knowledge of academic standards, content, and instructional systems
- Experience leading programs, including managing content design and development, contractor relationships, budget, marketing and recruitment, progress monitoring/continuous improvement cycles, and stakeholder communication
- Deep knowledge of effective adult learning design and facilitation and ability to design and build effective adult learning experiences
- Ability to research, synthesize, systematize, and codify exemplar PK-12 practices
- Outstanding project management skills – ability to see the big picture and to manage details
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, and planning skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be self-directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow-through
- Ability to coach, support and influence adults towards improvement
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collaborate with others in a virtual environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Positive demeanor
We offer competitive compensation, health care coverage, and access to 401(k) plans with a matching contribution policy.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for underserved children, please send your resume and a brief (no more than 500 words) written description of your most significant impact on students to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attuned is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable organization. The broad range of experiences, ideas, and practices that our team members bring allows us to serve with excellence the diverse organizations with whom we partner. Attuned is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status