Attuned builds the capacity of PK-12 organizations to drive educational equity and excellence for underserved students. Our team of practitioners partners with school systems to prioritize, tailor, and implement a diverse set of proven practices. We blend rigor and empathy, planning and implementation, district and charter expertise, and aspirations of quality and scale.
The Director of Adult Learning supports the design and delivery of Attuned’s adult learning programs. Attuned designs and offers impactful and relevant learning grounded in high-quality and research-based tools and frameworks. We run multiple professional learning communities, including for today’s context of distance learning and one for aspiring school founders and first-time replicators focused on opening schools with equity and excellence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the design and implementation of adult learning programming for district and charter partners, including new school founders.
- Collaborate closely with the adult learning team to identify the unique academic needs of district and school partners and to recommend tools and adult learning sessions based on research, evidence, and national best practices.
- Design session plans and scripts, create slide decks, and support facilitation of a range of adult learning sessions in school, network, and district contexts.
- Support the design and implementation of adult learning for new school founders and replicators.
- Support project directors to cultivate and maintain strong partner relationships.
- Curate, create, and continuously improve exemplars, tools, and playbooks used to ground adult learning.
- Analyze and codify high-quality practices and resources from schools who range in their ideological and pedagogical approach.
- Create case studies to be used in adult learning based on the findings of high-quality practices in both district and charter settings.
- Support the creation of user-friendly tools and playbooks to support implementation of key systems aligned to Attuned’s Essential Practices framework.
- Curate and organize Attuned’s internal bank of adult learning modules, including creating asynchronous sessions.
- Develop and differentiate facilitation guides, scripts, and tools, and support effective facilitation of adult learning modules.
- Support the design and maintenance of a knowledge management system.
- Develop and manage Attuned’s adult learning website and calendar.
- Create a systematic approach to identifying and addressing the adult learning needs of Attuned’s internal team and external partners.
- Support the growth and development of Attuned.
- Manage external partners with independence, including strong preparation and follow-up.
- Share evolving education trends and best practices with the team.
- Serve as a thought partner to colleagues, help solve a variety of day-to-day puzzles, and generate creative solutions for internal and external improvements.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of dramatically improving PK-12 education for underserved children
- Demonstrated track record of leading with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism
- Proven track record teaching and leading in K-12 schools, including experience as an instructional leader of a high-performing school and/or school system
- Ability to design and build effective adult learning experiences
- Deep knowledge of academic standards, content, and instructional systems
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collaborate with others in a virtual environment
- Outstanding project management skills – ability to see the big picture and to manage details
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow-through
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Extensive experience and proficiency with Google, Microsoft Office suite, and other online learning platforms
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial start-up environment
The salary range for this role is $120,000 – $150,000. We offer health care coverage and access to 401(k) plans with a matching contribution policy.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for underserved children, please send your resume and a brief (no more than 500 words) written description of your most significant impact on students to email@example.com. Due to the significant number of responses, we have closed the initial application round for this position. Should the position remain open in early April, we will begin a second round of candidate reviews at that time.
Attuned is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable organization. The broad range of experiences, ideas, and practices that our team members bring allows us to serve with excellence the diverse organizations with whom we partner. Attuned is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status.