Attuned builds the capacity of PK-12 organizations to drive educational equity and excellence for underserved students. Our team of practitioners partners with school systems to prioritize, tailor, and implement a diverse set of proven practices. We blend rigor and empathy, planning and implementation, district and charter expertise, and aspirations of quality and scale.
The Director of Progress Monitoring supports progress monitoring engagements with a Partner or Chief and serves as the key day-to-day client contact. Attuned is a virtual organization with some travel expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Add measurement expertise to strategic planning engagements.
- Advise on measurement and data collection strategies that promote progress monitoring activities after planning engagements have ended.
- Partner with strategic planning team members to develop partners’ scorecards, inclusive of mission measures and strategic priority measures for use in progress monitoring.
- Co-design progress monitoring practice area.
- Apply prior experience and close study of partner organizations’ needs to designing the purpose, processes, and products associated with Attuned’s nascent progress monitoring practice area.
- Configure progress monitoring tools for partner organizations.
- Define scope and sequence for progress monitoring meetings that ensures senior leaders’ attention is drawn to the right data on the right efforts at the right time to ensure planned work is executed with excellence and achieving desired results.
- Define a data collection and governance process for mission measures and strategic priority measures associated with each partners’ plan and support partners in timely and accurate submission.
- Upload partners’ strategic planning information into progress monitoring tools making modifications where needed.
- Facilitate progress monitoring meetings with partner organizations.
- Leverage the principles of adult learning to design session aims, agendas and facilitation plans that ensure all voices are heard.
- Create and manage a preparation schedule for each progress monitoring meeting that includes actions by Attuned and partner organizations.
- Prepare session materials including presentations and note catchers.
- As needed, conduct ad hoc analysis of partners’ data to provide different or deeper investigation of performance on scorecard measures.
- Support principals of partner organization to co-facilitate with run-throughs, talking points, or other executive support.
- Document and coordinate follow-through on all action steps identified in progress monitoring, identifying areas where Attuned may be a helpful implementation support provider.
- Inform product roadmaps and support development of progress monitoring tools.
- Translate new insights related to partner organizations’ progress monitoring needs and wants into concrete functional or technical requirements.
- Support adoption through the creation of user guides, virtual tutorials, and other approaches that increase users comfort with tools.
- Help coordinate user testing of new features and conduct quality assurance on tools and related data.
- Support the growth and development of Attuned.
- Lead internal strategic projects, as requested.
- Share evolving education trends and best practices with the team.
- Leverage networks and identify and help build new lines of work as the opportunity arises.
- Serve as a thought partner to colleagues, help solve a variety of day-to-day issues, and generate creative solutions for internal and external improvements.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of dramatically improving PK-12 education for underserved children.
- Track record of leading with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
- Track record realizing exceptional outcomes.
- Ability to coach, support and influence adults towards improvement.
- Outstanding project management skills – ability to see the big picture and to manage details.
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, and planning skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to discern and navigate complex system dynamics, including those that are politically charged.
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- An advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (social science, business, education, public policy, applied mathematics, statistics or related fields) and 3-5 years of work experience or 7-10 years of work experience involving strategic planning, progress monitoring and/or applied research and evaluation and an undergraduate or master’s degree in one of these disciplines.
- Experience integrating and analyzing longitudinal student-, teacher- and school-level data and familiarity with common data management and analysis software (e.g., Stata, SAS, R).
- Prior experience in some or all parts of a product management process including user research, requirements documentation, testing, and adoption.
- Familiarity with database architecture (forms, tables, fields, relationships, etc.).
- Familiarity with issues in education measurement including formative and summative assessment and indicators of social-emotional learning.
- Excellent quantitative thinking, including the ability to examine available data, apply decision rules and analytical methods and produce meaningful results.
- Strong attention to detail and a fundamental concern for the accuracy of information, including the ability to organize large amounts of data and track multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prior experience with database management, software development, and/or software implementation a plus.
The salary range for this role is $120,000 – $150,000. We offer health care coverage and access to 401(k) plans with a matching contribution policy.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for underserved children, please send your resume and a brief (no more than 500 words) written description of your most significant impact on students to email@example.com.
Attuned is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable organization. The broad range of experiences, ideas, and practices that our team members bring allows us to serve with excellence the diverse organizations with whom we partner. Attuned is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status.