Attuned builds the capacity of PK-12 organizations to drive educational equity and excellence for underserved students. Our team of practitioners partners with school systems to prioritize, tailor, and implement a diverse set of proven practices. We blend rigor and empathy, planning and implementation, district and charter expertise, and aspirations of quality and scale.
The Special Assistant supports client engagements and Attuned’s internal operations and logistics. The position reports to Attuned’s Chief of Staff. Attuned is a virtual organization with some limited travel expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support planning and implementation projects with clients.
- Develop objectives, scope, and deliverables for prospective client engagements.
- Create and manage detailed project plans to track the progress of each client engagement.
- Calendar meetings with clients as needed.
- Create presentations for and help manage client meetings.
- Create tools for clients (e.g., org-wide scorecards, school dashboards, deliverable trackers).
- Coordinate school site review logistics.
- Support internal operations and logistics.
- Coordinate daily calendars of Attuned team members.
- Coordinate team meetings and events.
- Join key meetings and record notes and next steps.
- Track delegated tasks and project milestones to ensure progress to deadlines.
- Manage logistics, assemble packets, and record notes for team retreats.
- Make travel arrangements for the team and for external school site reviewers.
- Manage basic bookkeeping tasks such as coding expenses and preparing expense reimbursements.
- Maintain electronic filing systems.
- Maintain a database of org partners and contacts.
- Maintain the organization’s website.
- Perform various administrative tasks and special projects, as required and assigned.
- Support the growth and development of Attuned.
- Lead internal strategic projects, as requested.
- Manage external partners with independence, including strong preparation and follow-up.
- Share evolving education trends and best practices with the team.
- Serve as a thought partner to colleagues, help solve a variety of day-to-day puzzles, and generate creative solutions for internal and external improvements.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of dramatically improving PK-12 education for underserved children.
Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism
- Proven track record, ideally supporting K-12 schools
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collaborate with others in a virtual environment
- Ability to design and maintain strong systems
- Outstanding project management skills – ability to see the big picture and to manage details
- Ability to be self-directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow-through
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, and planning skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Positive demeanor
The salary range for this role is $70,000 – $87,000. We offer health care coverage and access to 401(k) plans with a matching contribution policy.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for underserved children, please send your resume and a brief (no more than 500 words) written description of your most significant impact on students to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attuned is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable organization. The broad range of experiences, ideas, and practices that our team members bring allows us to serve with excellence the diverse organizations with whom we partner. Attuned is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status.