Attuned builds the capacity of PK-12 organizations to drive educational equity and excellence for underserved students. Our team of practitioners partners with school systems to prioritize, tailor, and implement a diverse set of proven practices. We blend rigor and empathy, planning and implementation, district and charter expertise, and aspirations of quality and scale.
The Strategy Manager partners with a Chief Strategy Officer on strategic planning engagements The position reports to Valerie Faillace, Chief of Strategy. Attuned is a virtual organization with some travel expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead project management and work planning.
- Develop objectives, scope, stakeholder engagement plan and deliverables for prospective client engagements.
- Create and manage detailed project plans to track the progress of each client engagement.
- Manage day-to-day communications with client team.
- Manage oversight of external consultant and/or analyst workstreams.
- Drive initial assessment of client strengths and challenges.
- Draw insights from performance data (e.g., student results, survey results, 360 feedback, interviews, organizational practices).
- Collaborate with analysts to synthesize data into meaningful insights, recommendations, and presentations.
- Analyze and synthesize constituent perspectives from interviews, surveys, and focus groups.
- Integrate findings from performance data, artifact/site review, and constituent perspectives into a cohesive and coherent narrative of strengths and challenges.
- Support the design of and facilitate partner workshops.
- Leverage the principles of adult learning to design session aims, agendas and facilitation plans that ensure all voices are heard.
- Create discussion materials including presentations and note catchers.
- Facilitate breakout groups, synthesize findings, and execute action steps.
- Drive creation of interim and final client deliverables.
- Draft presentations for progress reviews, board meetings, and client stakeholder engagement (e.g., Town Halls, Community Council).
- Create tools for (and in collaboration with) clients (e.g., org-wide scorecards, school dashboards, action step trackers).
- Create multi-year budgets leveraging client input and peer benchmarking analysis.
- Support the growth and development of Attuned.
- Lead internal strategic projects, as requested.
- Share evolving education trends and best practices with the team.
- Leverage networks and identify and help build new lines of work as the opportunity arises.
- Serve as a thought partner to colleagues, help solve a variety of day-to-day issues, and generate creative solutions for internal and external improvements.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of dramatically improving PK-12 education for underserved children.
- Track record of leading with a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
- Outstanding project management skills – ability to see the big picture and to manage details.
- Ability to draw insights data from quantitative and qualitative data, synthesize large volumes of information, and produce clear presentations.
- Ability to be self-directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow-through.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collaborate with others in a virtual environment.
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, and planning skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Positive demeanor.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience; experience in client services preferred.
- Some experience in or supporting PK-12 schools or school systems preferred though not required.
The salary range for this role is $100,000 – $125,000. We offer health care coverage and access to 401(k) plans with a matching contribution policy.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for underserved children, please send your resume and a brief (no more than 500 words) written description of your most significant impact on students to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attuned is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable organization. The broad range of experiences, ideas, and practices that our team members bring allows us to serve with excellence the diverse organizations with whom we partner. Attuned is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status.