Attuned builds the capacity of PK-12 organizations to drive educational equity and excellence for underserved students. Our team of practitioners partners with school systems to prioritize, tailor, and implement a diverse set of proven practices. We blend rigor and empathy, planning and implementation, district and charter expertise, and aspirations of quality and scale.
The Chief of School Incubation leads the design and delivery of Attuned’s school incubator program, a national fellowship program that supports aspiring school founders and first-time replicators in opening new schools with equity and excellence on day one. The Chief of School Incubation collaborates with Attuned’s Deputy Chief of Academics and Chief Schools Officers, as well as a variety of internal and external faculty, to design and deliver the programming and supports needed to support high-performing schools. The position reports to Attuned Partner, Alyssa Whitehead-Bust. Attuned is a virtual organization with some travel expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the development and facilitation of a rigorous and high-quality adult learning program that prepares school founders to open excellent and equitable schools. Draw upon deep instructional leadership to focus session content and support fellows in taking the highest-leverage actions.
- Develop an annual scope and sequence that includes in-person convenings, virtual learning experiences, and individualized, job-embedded coaching.
- Ensure that fellows are exposed to relevant research and best practices and are supported to create needed deliverables.
- Facilitate webinar and convening agendas and support effective preparation of external and internal facilitators.
- Ensure alignment and coherence across externally developed learning experiences and Attuned’s critical actions framework.
- Foster continuous improvement of the program by analyzing data, gathering and analyzing feedback, and determining opportunities to respond to areas of opportunity.
- Oversee strong implementation and operations of the program.
- Work with the Special Assistant to ensure incubator learning experiences such as webinars and convenings are executed with operational excellence (e.g., manage logistics and preparation for each event, coordinate with external partners such as school leaders and guest faculty, build schedules).
- Work closely with Attuned’s Chief Schools Officers and education champions in partner cities to ensure aligned and responsive program support for fellows.
- Lead the identification and management of high-quality external partners for the incubator program.
- Recruit, select, and manage work streams and budgets related to external contractors who serve as guest faculty for elements of incubator programming.
- Lead the creation and continuous improvement of the incubator tools and playbooks.
- Work with the Deputy Chief of Academics to analyze and codify high quality practices and resources from schools who range in their ideological and pedagogical approach.
- Create user-friendly tools and playbooks to support implementation of key systems aligned to Attuned’s critical actions framework.
- Lead the Attuned team to evaluate incubator outcomes and manage the incubator continuous improvement planning process aligned to Attuned’s Critical Actions Framework.
- Support Attuned’s partners to recruit and onboard incubator fellows and education champions partners.
- Leverage existing Attuned relationships with education champions and foster new relationships in order to identify and help select partnership opportunities.
- Create and curate marketing materials and learning opportunities (e.g., information sessions) in order to recruit potential fellows.
- Design and implement a selection process for incubator fellows that includes sponsorship and input from education champions.
- Support the growth and development of Attuned.
- Manage external partners with independence, including strong preparation and follow-up.
- Share evolving education trends and best practices with the team.
- Serve as a thought partner to colleagues, help solve a variety of day-to-day puzzles, and generate creative solutions for internal and external improvements.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of dramatically improving PK-12 education for underserved children.
- Demonstrated track record of leading with a commitment to diversity equity, inclusivity and anti-racism.
- Proven track record realizing equitable and excellent outcomes for kids.
- Experience teaching and leading in K-12 schools, including experience as a founding or turnaround leader of a high-performing school and/or school system.
- Experience leading programs, including managing content design and development, contractor relationships, budget, marketing and recruitment, progress monitoring/continuous improvement cycles, and stakeholder communication.
- Deep knowledge of academic standards, content, and instructional systems.
- Ability to design and build effective adult learning experiences.
- Ability to coach, support and influence adults towards improvement.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and collaborate with others in a virtual environment.
- Outstanding project management skills – ability to see the big picture, create organizational systems, and manage details.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow-through.
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking, and planning skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Learner stance, humility, and growth mindset.
- Positive demeanor.
We offer competitive compensation, health care coverage, and access to 401(k) plans with a matching contribution policy.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for underserved children, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and a brief (no more than 500 words) written description of your most significant impact on students and/or why you are interested in promoting equity and excellence in schools and school systems.
Attuned is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable organization. The broad range of experiences, ideas, and practices that our team members bring allows us to serve with excellence the diverse organizations with whom we partner. Attuned is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status.