Attuned’s team of practitioners builds the capacity of PK-12 organizations in high poverty communities by partnering with them to prioritize, plan, and implement core systems that improve teaching and learning.
As former teachers, principals, and system leaders from some of the nation’s most effective districts and charter school organizations, we understand—firsthand—that the work is difficult and that extraordinary public school outcomes are possible.
We don’t subscribe to extremes or one-size-fits-all approaches. Instead, we identify and synthesize effective practices from a diverse set of proven models, and we help our partner organizations tailor and integrate solutions that make sense for their contexts—blending rigor and empathy, planning and implementation, district and charter expertise, and aspirations of quality and scale.
The Director of Instructional Support works with the Deputy Chief of Academics and the Chief Schools Officers to manage our school site reviews and to help schools and school systems create, adopt, refine, and roll out high-quality curriculum, instructional practices, assessments, teacher and principal supports, and other instructional systems. The position reports to the Deputy Chief of Academics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the organization’s school site review services.
- Work with the Deputy Chief of Academics to continuously improve our school site reviews, including school-facing processes, team-facing processes, and products of the school review process.
- Serve as the primary interface with school review clients, introducing them to and supporting them through the process.
- Work with the Director of Special Projects to ensure school reviews are implemented with operational excellence (e.g., manage logistics and preparation for each review, gather the quantitative and qualitative information needed from schools, prepare reviewers, build schedules).
- Engage as an instructional leader in school reviews (e.g., conduct school and network leader pre-interviews, analyze artifacts of school practice, participate in a manageable number of reviews, refine written feedback and proposed action steps provided to schools, secure feedback from clients, continually improve the school review process).
- Synthesize data from school reviews into meaningful insights and build process and content solutions that help address trends.
- Support the Chief School Officers’ work with instructional and school system leaders.
- Work closely with the Chief Schools Officers to identify the unique instructional needs of each partner organization and to recommend solutions from our base of exemplars and resources.
- Track client progress against initiatives and milestones.
- Create and maintain a data dashboard for the clients we support instructionally. Suggest action items based on data.
- Participate in coaching calls and track next steps.
- Create, curate, and refine new instructional tools, systems, and solutions.
- Develop professional learning sessions according to the vision of the Chief Schools Officers.
- Provide other project management support as needed (e.g., developing agendas) in instructional engagements with clients.
- Support the growth and development of Attuned Education Partners.
- Manage clients with independence, including strong preparation and follow-up.
- Share evolving education trends and best practices with the team.
- Serve as a thought partner to colleagues, help solve a variety of day-to-day puzzles, and generate creative solutions for internal and external improvements.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of dramatically improving PK-12 education for historically underserved children.
- Experience teaching and leading in K-12 schools.
- Knowledge of standards, content, and instructional systems.
- Ability to design and build effective adult learning experiences.
- Ability to coach, support and influence adults towards improvement.
- Outstanding project management skills – ability to see big picture and to manage details.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow-through.
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking and planning skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Positive demeanor.
We offer competitive compensation, health care coverage, and access to 401(k) plans with a matching contribution policy.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for historically underserved children, please send your resume and a brief (no more than 500 words) written description of your most significant impact on students to email@example.com.
Attuned is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable organization. The broad range of experiences, ideas, and practices that our team members bring allows us to serve with excellence the diverse organizations with whom we partner. Attuned is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status.