Attuned’s team of practitioners builds the capacity of PK-12 organizations to prioritize, tailor, and implement a diverse set of practices that drive educational equity and excellence.
As former teachers, principals, and system leaders from some of the nation’s most effective districts and charter school organizations, we understand—firsthand—that the work is difficult and that extraordinary public school outcomes are possible.
We don’t subscribe to extremes or one-size-fits-all approaches. Instead, we identify and synthesize effective practices from a diverse set of proven models, and we help our partner organizations tailor and integrate solutions that make sense for their contexts—blending rigor and empathy, planning and implementation, district and charter expertise, and aspirations of quality and scale.
The Special Assistant supports Attuned’s internal operations and logistics. The position reports to Evan Rudall, Partner. Attuned is a virtual organization with some limited travel expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the partners’ time is maximized and aligned with the organization’s priorities by expertly managing the partners’ calendars, prioritizing appointments, and analyzing how the partners’ time is spent.
- Coordinate daily calendars of Attuned team members.
- Coordinate team meetings and events.
- Join key meetings and record notes and next steps.
- Track delegated tasks and project milestones to ensure progress to deadlines.
- Manage logistics, assemble packets, and record notes for team retreats.
- Make travel arrangements for the team and for external school site reviewers.
- Coordinate school site review logistics.
- Manage basic bookkeeping tasks such as coding expenses and preparing expense reimbursements.
- Maintain electronic filing systems.
- Research and summarize policy issues.
- Draft client engagement proposals.
- Maintain the organization’s website.
- Perform various administrative tasks and special projects, as required and assigned.
- Serve as a thought partner to colleagues, help solve a variety of day-to-day issues, and generate creative solutions for internal and external improvements.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of dramatically improving PK-12 education for children from low-income communities.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or with other administrative responsibilities.
- Experience in PK-12 organizations preferred.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office suite and Google software.
- Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems.
- Ability to coordinate and support a virtual team.
- Outstanding organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with an ability to prioritize work strategically.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Professional level written and oral communications skills.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive organizational information.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial, virtual start-up environment.
- Positive demeanor.
We offer competitive compensation, health care coverage, and access to 401(k) plans with a matching contribution policy.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for children from low-income communities, please contact Evan Rudall at email@example.com.
Attuned is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable organization. The broad range of experiences, ideas, and practices that our team members bring allows us to serve with excellence the diverse organizations with whom we partner. Attuned is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status.