Attuned’s team of practitioners builds the capacity of PK-12 organizations to prioritize, tailor, and implement a diverse set of practices that drive educational equity and excellence.
As former teachers, principals, and system leaders from some of the nation’s most effective districts and charter school organizations, we understand—firsthand—that the work is difficult and that extraordinary public school outcomes are possible.
We don’t subscribe to extremes or one-size-fits-all approaches. Instead, we identify and synthesize effective practices from a diverse set of proven models, and we help our partner organizations tailor and integrate solutions that make sense for their contexts—blending rigor and empathy, planning and implementation, district and charter expertise, and aspirations of quality and scale.
The Strategic Planning Analyst leads the production of Attuned’s client-facing deliverables for strategic planning engagements and supports internal strategic projects. The position reports to Valerie Faillace, Chief of Strategic Planning. Attuned is a virtual organization with some limited travel expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess and synthesize data.
- Interview, survey, conduct focus groups and facilitate workshops with client employees, management teams and other stakeholders to identify strengths and challenges and to generate and test hypotheses.
- Analyze data (e.g., student results, survey results, 360 feedback, interviews, organizational practices).
- Conduct research and interviews to create landscape overviews.
- Synthesize data into meaningful insights, recommendations, and presentations.
- Support work planning and project management.
- Develop objectives, scope, and deliverables for prospective client engagements.
- Create and manage detailed project plans to track the progress of each client engagement.
- Drive creation of interim and final client deliverables.
- Create presentations for workshops, progress reviews, and board meetings.
- Create tools for (and in collaboration with) clients (e.g., org-wide scorecards, school dashboards, milestone trackers).
- Create multi-year budgets leveraging client input and peer benchmarking analysis.
- Support the growth and development of Attuned.
- Develop bank of illustrative planning and implementation milestones for common programmatic strategic priorities and initiatives (e.g., selecting and implementing new curriculum, improving teacher sustainability practices, introducing data-driven instruction cycles, upgrading teacher observation systems)
- Support internal strategic projects, as requested.
- Share evolving education trends and best practices with the team.
- Leverage networks and identify and help build new lines of work as the opportunity arises.
- Serve as a thought partner to colleagues, help solve a variety of day-to-day issues, and generate creative solutions for internal and external improvements.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of dramatically improving PK-12 education for children from low-income communities.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of experience in a strategy or management consulting role, and, ideally, in PK-12 schools or school systems.
- Ability to analyze data, synthesize large volumes of information, and produce clear presentations.
- Comfort with budgeting and financial modeling.
- Outstanding project management skills – ability to see big picture and to manage details.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow-through.
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking and planning skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, geographically-distributed, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Positive demeanor.
We offer competitive compensation, health care coverage, and access to 401(k) plans with a matching contribution policy.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for children from low-income communities, please contact Valerie Faillace at email@example.com.
Attuned is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable organization. The broad range of experiences, ideas, and practices that our team members bring allows us to serve with excellence the diverse organizations with whom we partner. Attuned is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status.