Attuned builds the capacity of PK-12 organizations to drive educational equity and excellence for underserved students. Our team of practitioners partners with school systems to prioritize, tailor, and implement a diverse set of proven practices. We blend rigor and empathy, planning and implementation, district and charter expertise, and aspirations of quality and scale.
The Strategic Planning Analyst supports strategic planning engagements and internal strategic projects. The ideal candidate will come to the role with some familiarity with the education space either from prior work experience, client service or volunteer work. This position presents an opportunity for an early career candidate (2-5 years of work experience) to explore the education landscape (potentially prior to pursuit of a graduate degree in policy, business, education, etc.) while applying analytical and project management skills toward advancing the mission of organizations committed to improving public education in their communities. The position reports to Valerie Faillace, Chief of Strategic Planning. Attuned is a virtual organization with some limited travel expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess and synthesize data.
- Analyze organizational data (e.g., student results, survey results, 360 feedback, interviews, organizational practices).
- Conduct research and interviews to create benchmarking reports and landscape overviews.
- Synthesize data into meaningful insights, recommendations, and presentations.
- Drive creation of interim and final client deliverables.
- Create presentations for workshops, progress reviews, and board meetings.
- Create tools for (and in collaboration with) clients (e.g., org-wide scorecards, school dashboards, milestone trackers).
- Create multi-year budgets/financial models leveraging client input and peer benchmarking analysis.
- Support the growth and development of Attuned.
- Develop bank of illustrative planning and implementation milestones for common programmatic strategic priorities and initiatives (e.g., selecting and implementing new curriculum, improving teacher sustainability practices, introducing data-driven instruction cycles, upgrading teacher observation systems).
- Support internal strategic projects, as requested.
- Share evolving education trends and best practices with the team.
- Leverage networks and identify and help build new lines of work as the opportunity arises.
- Serve as a thought partner to colleagues, help solve a variety of day-to-day issues, and generate creative solutions for internal and external improvements.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of dramatically improving PK-12 education for underserved children.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of experience in a strategy or management consulting role, and, ideally, in PK-12 schools or school systems.
- Ability to analyze data, synthesize large volumes of information, and produce clear presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow-through.
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking and planning skills.
- Comfort with budgeting and financial modeling.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, geographically-distributed, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Positive demeanor.
We offer competitive compensation, health care coverage, and access to 401(k) plans with a matching contribution policy.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for underserved children, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org your resume and a brief (no more than 500 words) written description of your most significant impact on students and/or why you are interested in promoting equity and excellence in schools and school systems.