Attuned builds the capacity of PK-12 organizations to drive educational equity and excellence for underserved students. Our team of practitioners partners with school systems to prioritize, tailor, and implement a diverse set of proven practices. We blend rigor and empathy, planning and implementation, district and charter expertise, and aspirations of quality and scale.
The Deputy Chief of Strategy serves as the key day-to-day client contact on Attuned’s strategic planning engagements. The position reports to Valerie Faillace, Chief of Strategy. Attuned is a virtual organization with some travel expected.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead initial assessment of client strengths and challenges.
- Interview, survey, conduct focus groups and facilitate workshops with client employees, management teams and other stakeholders to identify strengths and challenges and to generate and test hypotheses.
- Analyze data (e.g., student results, survey results, 360 feedback, interviews, organizational practices).
- Conduct research and interviews to create landscape overviews.
- Synthesize data into meaningful insights, recommendations, and presentations.
- Lead work planning and project management.
- Develop objectives, scope, and deliverables for prospective client engagements.
- Create and manage detailed project plans to track the progress of each client engagement.
- Manage oversight of external consultant and/or analyst workstreams.
- Drive creation of interim and final client deliverables.
- Create presentations for workshops, progress reviews, and board meetings.
- Create tools for (and in collaboration with) clients (e.g., org-wide scorecards, school dashboards, milestone trackers).
- Create multi-year budgets leveraging client input and peer benchmarking analysis.
- Support the growth and development of Attuned.
- Lead internal strategic projects, as requested.
- Share evolving education trends and best practices with the team.
- Leverage networks and identify and help build new lines of work as the opportunity arises.
- Serve as a thought partner to colleagues, help solve a variety of day-to-day issues, and generate creative solutions for internal and external improvements.
- Passionate commitment to the mission of dramatically improving PK-12 education for underserved children.
- Graduate degree preferred (e.g., MBA, MPA, MPP, JD).
- 10+ years of work experience and, ideally, some experience in PK-12 schools or school systems.
- 5+ years of experience in client service or advisory role (e.g., management consulting) including leading a client service team, working in a geographically distributed team and supporting clients virtually.
- Ability to analyze data, synthesize large volumes of information, and produce clear presentations.
- Outstanding project management skills – ability to see big picture and to manage details.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, take initiative, and display tenacious follow-through.
- Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking and planning skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, geographically-distributed, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Comfort with budgeting and financial modeling.
- Positive demeanor.
We offer competitive compensation, health care coverage, and access to 401(k) plans with a matching contribution policy.
If you are passionate about improving educational opportunities for underserved children, please send to email@example.com your resume and a brief (no more than 500 words) written description of your most significant impact on students and/or why you are interested in promoting equity and excellence in schools and school systems.
Attuned is committed to building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and sustainable organization. The broad range of experiences, ideas, and practices that our team members bring allows us to serve with excellence the diverse organizations with whom we partner. Attuned is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status.