Effective August 4, 2023
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Information You Provide on the Service:
While using the Service, you may submit Personal Information such as when you register an account, sign up for our updates, apply for a job, or contact us. The categories of information we collect include:
- Contact Identifiers, including your name, email address, and phone number.
- Commercial or transaction information, including records of products or services you purchased, obtained, or considered.
- Account credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and other information for authentication or account access.
- Professional, employment, or education-related information, including your employment and work history, transcripts, writing samples, references, and other information necessary to consider you for a job.
Information from Your Browser or Device:
Your IP address may also be collected when you use the Service. Your IP information allows us to understand how you use our sites and enables us to make changes to our site and products in order to improve your experience. We may also collect non-precise location information, such as location derived from an IP address. Information regarding your computer, your connection to our websites (such as your browser type, operating system, and platform) and your user history (including, but not limited to, your session information, page errors and the length of your visits to specific pages within our websites) may also be collected.
For details on your rights and choices around cookies and other tracking technologies, see the Your Rights and Choices section below.
Information from Our School Partners
We may also collect information pertaining to students when we provide the Service to schools and teachers (the “School Services”). For information regarding how we collect, disclose, and use information we receive from School Partners, please see the “Children’s Privacy” section below.
Information We Infer
We infer new information from other information we collect, including using automated means to generate information about your likely preferences or other characteristics.
To the extent any categories of information we collect are sensitive categories of information under applicable law, we process such information only for the limited purposes permitted by applicable law. We do not sell or use sensitive categories of information for purposes of targeted advertising or to make inferences.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Attuned Education Partners may use the Personal Information you provide for purposes such as:
- Providing and improving the content, features, and overall look and feel of our website, products, and services.
- Contacting you about updates, security alerts, changes to policies, and other transactional messages. We also may use information to personalize and deliver Attuned marketing communications to you.
- Conducting research.
- Providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
- Understanding trends, usage, and activities.
- Preventing, detecting, investigating, and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, or threats or harm.
- Making decisions about recruiting and in anticipation of a contract of employment.
- For additional purposes where you direct us to use it in a certain way or with notice to you and your consent.
Sometimes we aggregate or de-identify information so it is no longer considered personal information. We may use non-personal information for any purpose to the extent permitted by applicable law. For details on your rights and choices around use of your information, see the Your Rights and Choices section below.
How Your Personal Information Is Disclosed
It is Attuned Education Partners’ policy not to disclose, sell or rent your Personal Information to any individual, business, government entity or outside parties except: (i) to provide products or services you or a School Partner has requested through us; (ii) in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process; or (iii) when necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal action. From time to time, Attuned Education Partners may use return email addresses to answer the email we receive from you. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose. Your Personal Information will not be collected for use that is in violation of the law or unrelated to that discussed in this Policy, unless you are also provided an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Ensuring your Personally Identifiable Information Is Correct
You are responsible for ensuring that all Personal Information you provide to us is correct.
Your Rights and Choices
Emails. You can unsubscribe from receiving promotional emails through your account settings, by following the unsubscribe instructions near the bottom of such emails, or by emailing us at as set out in the Contact section below with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that you cannot opt out of transactional messages.
Accounts. If you hold an account with us, you can delete your account through your account settings. We will address your request in accordance with our data retention practices.
Browser and Device Controls
- Cookies and Pixels. You may be able to manage cookies through your browser settings. When you manage cookies, pixels associated with such cookies may also be impacted. Please note that cookie management only applies to our websites. If you use multiple browsers, you will need to instruct each browser separately. If you delete or reset your cookies, you will need to reconfigure your settings. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Preference signals. Your browser or extension may allow you to automatically transmit Do Not Track and other preferences and we do not respond to such signals except where required by law.
- Third party opt-out tools. Some third parties we work with offer their own opt-out tools related to information collected through cookies and pixels. To opt out of your information being used by Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We are not responsible for the effectiveness of any third party opt-out tools.
Information from our School Partners
We may also collect information pertaining to students, at the direction of our school and school systems customers, when we provide the Service to schools and teachers (the “School Services”). We use such student data solely as a service provider or data processor to our school and school system customers.
We comply with applicable obligations under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”).
When FERPA applies, we act as a “school official” to our school or school system customer, which means that we are under the direct control of the school or school system and use student data only to provide our services to the school or school system and not for our own purposes. To the extent COPPA applies, the school or school system provides us with any necessary consent on behalf of students’ parents or guardians to permit processing of student data.
We may receive student data as necessary to provide the School Services and for authorized educational purposes, at the direction of our school and school system customers. The categories of student data we receive are at the discretion and control of our school system customers.
We may use the student data we receive: (1) to provide the School Services; (2) to comply with the law (such as when we use information for record-keeping to satisfy legal and compliance obligations); (3) in accordance with instructions from a school or school system; and (4) as necessary for business interests. In addition, to the extent permitted by law, we may use and disclose anonymized and/or aggregated student data for any purpose, including for analytics purposes, and to help us understand how our products are used and improve upon them.
We also reserve the right to disclose student data:
- As permitted or required by applicable law, such as to operate the School Services; to maintain the safety and integrity of the School Services; to prevent fraud, breaches of our policies, and threats of harm; to conduct research; to improve the School Services; to take precautions against other liability; or when we believe release is required to comply with federal, state or local law (such as cooperating with a judicial process or law enforcement investigation).
- In connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, sale of assets, wind-down of business or related due diligence.
We do not engage in the following practices with respect to student data:
- We do not sell student data to third parties.
- We do not serve targeted ads on the School Service and do not use student data we collect to serve targeted ads on other services.
- We do not build a profile of a student other than in support of authorized school purposes.
Except as listed in this Section, the Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under 13. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers.
The Scope of this Policy; Third-Party Websites
Although this policy applies to all sites and information owned by Attuned Education Partners, it does not apply to businesses or entities that are not owned or controlled by us.
The website and products contain links to other third-party websites. Please be aware that Attuned Education Partners does not claim any responsibility for the privacy practices of these third-party sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to take reasonable precautions when sharing your personally identifiable information on third-party websites.
We retain information for the length of time that is reasonably necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
We are based in the U.S. If you are located outside the U.S., please be aware that your information may be transferred to and processed in the U.S. or another country where we operate.
Attuned Education Partners reserves the right to amend this policy at any time. Attuned Education Partners will contact registered users by email and shall also post a notice of changes on its website when and if the terms of this policy are materially amended.
You may contact Attuned Education Partners directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions regarding this policy.